News and Events
AARP TAX ASSISTANCE
February 1 through April 13, AARP Tax Assistance will be at the Library Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays from 9am to 3pm in Meeting Room B (First Floor). Free tax assistance provided on a first come/first serve basis.
FEBRUARY HEALTH PROGRAMS
All of the following programs are free and held in the Library's Upstairs Meeting Room.
Thursday, February 4, 4th Be Active Series, “Tips for Losing Weight and Keeping it Off”, OSU Extension @ 10:00 am meeting room A
Thursday February 11, 5th Be Active Series, Making Healthy Eating Part of Your Total Lifestyle,” OSU Extension @ 10:00 am meeting room A
Thursday February 18, 6th Be Active Series, “Physical Activity is Key to Living Well.” OSU Extension @ 10:00 am meeting room A
LIBRARY BOOK CLUBS
All are welcome to join us at these free book clubs.
Gentle Reads: Third Thursday at 2pm
- February-The Glass Blower of Murano by Marina Fiorato
- March-The Absolutely True Diary of a Part Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
Johnstone Irregulars: First Tuesday at 7pm
- February-Sycamore Row by John Grisham
- March - Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
- April-The Martian by Andy Weir
- May-All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- June-The Sportswriter by Richard Ford
- July-The Girl On The Train by Paula Hawkins
- August-The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
EBOOKS & MORE
FREE WIFI throughout the Library building and in the back parking lot. Log on to BPL Wireless. Password is bvillelibrary
Downloadable Books & Finding a Good Book
DOWNLOADABLE E-BOOKS & E-AUDIOBOOKS
Download e-books and e-audiobooks from our Oklahoma Virtual Library site: http://okvirtuallibrary.lib.overdrive.com/
Directions for Kindle Fire Users
Directions for Kindle eReader Users (not Kindle Fire)
Directions for Tablet Users (including iPad and Nook Color/HDX, etc.)
Directions for eReader Users (not tablets and not Kindles, plain eReaders)
Directions for borrowing eAudiobooks and Music
FINDING A GREAT BOOK
Online tools to help you find a great read:
- Book Psychic
- Staff Picks
- BookLetters: New and Notable
- Award Winning Books
- BookLetters email newsletters: Sign up and recieve lists of books and audiobooks on a regular schedule.
Pick up a free copy of Book Page the next time you are in the library. This monthly "book newspaper" is an excellent way to find out about new and notable titles.
The Library subscribes to Bookmarks magazine, which can be found in the Periodical Room, near the Reference Desk.
Want to buy books? We have an online bookstore with ABE Books. The Friends of the Library have a booksale in our lobby each Wednesday from 10 to 3.