News and Events
MAKE LESS THAN $58,000 PER YEAR? FILE STATE & FEDERAL TAXES FREE:
STATE AND FEDERAL TAXES
The AARP Tax Volunteers will be at the Library this year. They will be here February 3 through April 15th. They will be in downstairs Meeting Room B on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays – 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
Did you know you can file a free federal and state return if your income in 2013 was $58,000 or less?
File Your Taxes for Free: : http://www.myfreetaxes.com/bpl
Have a QUESTION while you are preparing your return? Certified tax coaches can help!
- Contact By Phone: 855-698-9435
- Contact By Email: email@example.com
Assistors will be answering questions from Monday-Saturday 9am to 9pm. Questions are answered in the order that they are received, Responses are provided within 24 hours; more complex questions may require additional research.
To e-file your 2013 tax return or other electronic forms, you must verify your identity with:
- Your Self-Select PIN
- Adjusted Gross Income from your 2012 tax return.
- For help with your PIN: http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Electronic-Filing-PIN-Request
Interactive tax assistant: http://www.irs.gov/uac/Interactive-Tax-Assistant-(ITA)-1
Where's my refund: http://www.irs.gov/Refunds/Where's-My-Refund-It's-Quick,-Easy,-and-Secure.
FAFSA (Federal Application for Student Aid) application page: http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/index.htm
BPL BOOK CLUBS (All are welcome to attend)
Gentle Reads (Third Thursday): March 20 @ 2pm MISS JULIA SPEAKS HER MIND by Ann B. Ross
Johnstone Irregulars (First Tuesday): April 3 @ 7pm: THE GIRLS OF ATOMIC CITY by Denise Kiernan
Downloadable Books & Finding a Good Book
DOWNLOADABLE E-BOOKS & E-AUDIOBOOKS
Download e-books and e-audiobooks from our Oklahoma Virtual Library site: http://okvirtuallibrary.lib.overdrive.com/
Directions for Kindle Fire Users
Directions for Kindle eReader Users (not Kindle Fire)
Directions for Tablet Users (including iPad and Nook Color/HDX, etc.)
Directions for eReader Users (not tablets and not Kindles, plain eReaders)
Directions for borrowing eAudiobooks and Music
FINDING A GREAT BOOK
Online tools to help you find a great read:
- Book Psychic
- Staff Picks
- BookLetters: New and Notable
- Award Winning Books
- BookLetters email newsletters: Sign up and recieve lists of books and audiobooks on a regular schedule.
- The Dear Reader online book clubs are a great way to sample new books. Each day we'll email you a 5-minute portion of a book. During the week you can read 2-3 chapters and decide if you want to check the book out of the library. Every Monday we start new books. Sign up here and start reading.
Pick up a free copy of Book Page the next time you are in the library. This monthly "book newspaper" is an excellent way to find out about new and notable titles.
The Library subscribes to Bookmarks magazine, which can be found in the Periodical Room, near the Reference Desk.
Want to buy books? We have an online bookstore with ABE Books. The Friends of the Library have a booksale in our lobby each Wednesday from 10 to 3.