Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Bartlesville Public Library is a non-profit organization founded in 1980, with the following goals:
- Maintain a membership interested in books and other library materials.
- Stimulate public interest in the Bartlesville Public Library, its services and its facilities.
- Focus attention on the needs of the Bartlesville Public Library.
- Provide for needs of the Library which are outside the scope of the regular city budget.
- Enhance the relationship of the Bartlesville Public Library with the general public, schools, and the business community.
- Generate endowment and other funds in support of the Bartlesville Public Library.
Friends give their ideas, support, and enthusiasm to a variety of programs and services.
Books Sandwiched In: A book review series held at lunchtime every spring.
Creative Writing Contest: For both adults and young adults, this spring event has become a Bartlesville favorite.
Library Programs: Annual sponsors of the "Battle of the Books" and the Summer Reading Program.
Bookstore: The Friends of the Library has a used book store located in the Library Lobby. The Bookstore is open on Wednesdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Great buys on used books and magazines!
The Bartlesville Public Library always benefits from the Friends. In recent years, the Friends of the Library have provided funds to enhance Library services. For example:
- $10,000.00--For the purchase of literary criticism, math and science videos, travel videos, books for children and young adults, books on tape, materials for life-long learning, etc.
- $2,500.00--To create a rotating collection of materials for daycare centers.
- $1,500.00--For new book trucks and step stools.
- $500.00--For multigenerational programming
- $1,500.00--For Summer Reading Program
- $650.00--For Library Staff continuing education scholarships
And much, much more!
Joining the Friends of the Library is easy, quick and inexpensive. Annual membership fees are structured to conveniently fit every budget. Click here for a membership form.