Non-profit community groups are encouraged to use the meeting rooms at the Bartlesville Public Library for educational, cultural, charitable, governmental, and civic purposes.
Sponsoring groups may reserve library meeting rooms for one meeting at a time. All meetings must begin and end within regular library hours.
There is no charge to use the meeting rooms, provided meetings begin and end during library hours. Sponsoring groups are responsible for setting up the meeting room and for returning tables and chairs.
To request the use of a library meeting room, please call the Library Secretary at 918-338-4187.
Community groups are encouraged to use the Meeting Rooms at the Bartlesville Public Library.
These meeting rooms are available to all groups on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of that group.
To meet the needs of the public, the Bartlesville Public Library has developed the following guidelines for use of the meeting rooms.
- Library sponsored programs and library-related activities are given priority
scheduling conflicts arise.
- Unlawful acts are prohibited on any library property.
- Rooms are not intended for private use by individuals.
- Activities sponsored by organizations for commercial gain, group gain, or personal gain are not permitted. Only admission or registration fees which cover costs may be charged. Fees charged for profit are not permitted. All monies must be collected in advance.
- Sponsoring groups may reserve library meeting rooms for one meeting
at a time; that
reservation for a given room and meeting may be made for up to six months in advance.
In limited cases, multiple meetings may be scheduled at the discretion of the Library
Director or designee. Requests for use of the meeting rooms must be made through the
- Because of the necessity for assured security and care of the building and its contents, all meetings must begin and end within regular library operating hours. There is no charge for use of the library meeting rooms for meetings held during those hours.
- Sponsoring groups are responsible for setting up and taking down
the room and its
- Library audiovisual equipment for use in the meeting rooms (projectors,
screen television, etc.) must be scheduled in advance, and must be used by a properly
qualified operator. Equipment reservation forms are available through the Administrative
Offices. A sponsoring group may bring in its own equipment if arrangements are made
with library staff at the time the room is scheduled.
- Light refreshments may be served in the upstairs meeting room only. Sponsoring groups are responsible for disposal of all foods and deposit of refuse in containers. Tables, chairs, etc. are to be left clean. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Each sponsoring group using a meeting room is responsible for leaving the room in proper order. Any lost or damaged furniture or equipment, or damage to walls, carpets, or other parts of the room, is the responsibility of the sponsoring group.
- Use of tobacco is not permitted anywhere within the library building.
- No library equipment, library furnishings, or library materials used in a meeting room may be removed from the building.
- Sponsoring groups using the meeting rooms must adhere to library policies concerning the scheduling, use, and care of the library, its meeting rooms, furnishings, and equipment.
- Bartlesville Public Library reserves the right to deny use of its
meeting rooms to any
sponsoring group which knowingly violates any of these guidelines.
- Use of the library meeting rooms by any sponsoring group does not necessarily constitute an endorsement of that group's policies or beliefs by the Bartlesville Public Library, the Board of the Library, or the City of Bartlesville.