- Advocate for the Library in the community and advocate for the community as a member of the Library Board;
- Assist in developing, implementing and assessing a long-range plan for the library;
- Monitor and evaluate the overall effectiveness of the Library;
- Review policies for Library operation and advocate these policies within the community;
- Understand the annual Library budget, within the City’s financial framework, and be able to share that knowledge with the community;
- Attend and participate in bi-monthly board meetings, committee assignments and other board responsibilities.
There are nine members on the Library Board appointed by the City Council. Non-voting members include the Library Director who serves as Staff Advisor and Library Senior Administrative Assistant who serves as Secretary for the Library Board.
Members serve in 2-year term increments (maximum of 6 years) / Terms expire in July
Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday Bi-monthly (January, March, May, July, September and November) at 4:30 p.m. in the Public Library for a duration of one hour.